knottootightlywound

A blog for knitters, stressed stepmothers and just general craziness

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pondering the mysteries of the universe

Well after the eerily addictive crocheting lesson on Saturday, I have found myself at a loss for what to knit on. Nothing seems to satisfy. No, I'm not converting to the dark side, I just don't know which UFO to devote myself to. Should I finish the Icarus shawl that I started on vacation this summer? Should I finish setting in the sleves for the pink Noro sweater? Should I finish the garter stitch Noro jacket that I started about 2 months ago? Or should I unorphan some Lorna's Laces socks? Should I use the yummy cotton from my SP to make some great mitts as I can't feel my fingers right now, cause its soooo cold. I just am torn. Maybe its cause I am HUNGRY all the time. I am back to my WW points and its the beginning of week 2. Its sort of strange how the first time I lost weight this way I wasn't impatient at all, I just sort of let it come off. Now I just like, OK I want to be in my size 12's again and it better get here soon. DH says its because of having been there already I am more impatient to get back there, in contrast to just getting there in the first place. Who knows....Total weight loss so far 5 pounds. I weigh in again on Saturday so I will let you all know.

Oh I did finish something recently. A Charlotte's web shawl. Its not blocked or anything yet, but I am finished knitting/crocheting it.

DH has mislaid the camera so no pics of it yet, when he gets home I will try and get him to find it so that I can post one.

I leave you with this thought, Why do cats always throw up on the kitchen rug? Why can't they barf on the wide expanse of linoleum that surrounds the rug? I mean you have to wash the rug to achieve clean, but you can just spot mop the linoleum. Please someone give me an explanation......

3 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No thought on the rug, but I had a dog growing up that we trained to barf in a wastebasket (by accident, actually)!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Newly Knitting said…

    I wish you continued weight loss in the coming weeks! Does this mean that I shouldn't include any chocolate in my last package??? =)

    YSP9

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephani with no E said…

    I think they do it because they know it will annoy us, and that is, after all, a big mission in a cat's life...along with sleeping on the clothes you just laid out on the bed and managing to get enough cat hair on them to create a new cat in the 15 minutes you are in the shower...or is that just my cats?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home