knottootightlywound

A blog for knitters, stressed stepmothers and just general craziness

Saturday, October 14, 2006

LOVELY BIRTHDAY


Getting ready to go out for the night.


Some of the prezzies.
I had a lovely birthday yesterday. My hubby was great. He got me several books, Mason-Dixon knitting among them) , a makeup mirror, and took me out for dinner and a show. We went to see Anthony Cools, he is a hypnotist. You would not believe the things he has some people doing on the stage. It was hilarious. My best friend Maureen took me to see Rent last Sunday, it was soooo good! I wasn't sure at first if I would like it but I loved it. I also got money from my parents and am currently deciding how to spend it, wether on books or yarn? Its a hard decision, but I am leaning heavily toward yarn. ( No surprise there!) We are having people over tonight so a throurough housecleaning is underway....I am actually cleaning my room, takes me back to high school.

I am currently working on a pair of socks out of the Step yarn with the aloe in it. It feels so nice to knit. I am working on the Jaywalker pattern out of it and am rather pleased at how it is turning out. I love the pink and green striped together.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday, Lucinda!
    Happy Birthday to you!

    (be grateful its typed and not actually real in stereo!)

    :)

    p.s. I would go for the yarn myself. Books can be borrowed! Especially if your friends are also book fiends!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger JessieWhitish said…

    happy birthday!

    (if a little belated.)

    there is no better treat to yourself than yarn.

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday to you! Happy Belated Birthday to you!That sock yarn is so pretty, you should definatly buy more. Happy Belated Birthday to you! (sung to the tune of The Birthday Song) - Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home