knottootightlywound

A blog for knitters, stressed stepmothers and just general craziness

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bad news, and my Wonderful Secret Pal

Well we had some bad news today. My friend Maureens Dad has colon cancer. This is the friend whose husband is in Iraq so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers at this time. She will need any support she can get. Aslo, my friend Tara's dad has just started a new course of chemo, so he needs good karma also.


On a lighter note, I got a package today. I just love my secret pal. She is soooo good. She sent some yummy purple blue sky alpaca cotton (something I have never knit with before). She also knit for me. Yes me! A lovely washrag and the cutest little purse with chocolate in side. Top off this deliciousness with Addi Turbos and some great smelling soap and you have a wonderful package. I can't wait to take a bath! So a huge thanks to my rockin' secret pal!


1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Newly Knitting said…

    Cancer is so frightening and evil. I'm sorry to hear about your friends.

    I'm glad to see that the package made it. I couldn't believe I was able to pack everything in that wee envelope. I'm glad it didn't burst before reaching you!

    Much love,

    YSP9

     

Post a Comment

<< Home